An average adult head contains (90,000-130,000) terminal pigmented hairs. At any given time about 90% of the terminal hairs are in an anagen (growing) phase. This lasts about three years or 1,000 days. The other 10% are in the catagen (regression/intermediate) or telogen (resting) phase. This lasts about 3-5 months.
Faqs » What are the different hair growth cycles?